A bit about my current role...

As I have always had a large workload, it is critical that I manage this effectively using both project management skills and the relevant software. These help to ensure that I am methodical and pay great attention to detail.

Working with clients in business critical situations, it is important to take control, manage expectations and ensure systems are back up and running in the quickest possible time. This means taking ownership of technical issues until they are completely resolved regardless of the time of day or night. It is vital that communication is ongoing between all parties involved, including external engineers (e.g. Microsoft) and the owners of the business.

Having worked at Director level in SME organisations for the past 10 years, I have also dealt with hundreds of SME clients and been involved in these companies at management level so as to understand their business and design IT infrastructure systems and solutions and to meet their specific requirements. I have project managed these solutions to successful implementation, spearheading a small team and being the technical lead with my 12 years of 3rd line support experience. My many skills include SQL server management, IIS and an understanding of Visual Basic, ASP. I have also been instrumental in integrating CCTV solutions into a number of our client’s networks for monitoring the physical security of their site.

As a Technical Director, I have always strived to build strong relationships with suppliers and external resources, as they are very often key to the success of delivering quality services on time to our client base.

As the manager of the technical team, my responsibilities included managing the incoming support requests and assigning these to engineers. I monitored the engineers’ weekly targets and analysed the support data to spot trends and “think outside of the box” to resolve these permanently. I am particularly proud of my role in training and mentoring a trainee first line support technician who is now well on his way to becoming a first rate engineer.

The biggest positive effect I had on the company’s profit margins was implementing software to handle the workflow of support tickets and projects right through to billing. My role as consultant to several of our clients also helps to bring in extra revenue as well giving the clients the added value that makes our company market leading and different from the rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scary Truth about Facebook Messenger

Website

some key achievments